Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This seems to be another alternative to my recipe for "Little Sausage Snacks". I found this recipe at Cooks.com. Sounds good but haven't tried it yet. Cute name!
- 2 loaves rye cocktail bread
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage, mild
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Brown meats together and drain well.
- Add Tabassco and oregano.
- Cut Velvetta into chunks and add to meat in large skillet. When cheese is melted, spread on rye bread.
- Put on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until hot. You can also make ahead and freeze then heat in 350 oven.
My mother used to make this every Christmas Eve when I was growing up, as well as for other special occaisions calling for finger food. They're delicious, and you can't beat it for ease! It's not particularly health OR hip, but I must say I have VERY fond memories of the stuff!
I've been making this for years! It is delicious and great to have on hand during the holidays, when unexpected guests drop in. Thanks for posting!