Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in another website. I haven't tried it yet, but am posting it for future reference. It does sound yummy.
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) box Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Bake cake according to box directions and poke holes in it.
- Boil together the crushed pineapple can contents and the sugar,and pour over cake while hot. Let cool.
- Prepare vanilla pudding according to its box's directions and mix with the coconut and spread over cake.
- Spread Cool Whip over this.
- Place the sliced bananas on top of cake spread and top with the nuts.
I've gotta try this one! Especially since my husband's name is Hank! tee-hee!
This was excellent!! The only change I made was the pudding - I used banana cream instead of vanilla. It turned out great and was enjoyed by everyone there.
I make this all the time. It's delicious. The only difference is I toast the nuts and the coconut and I sprinkle them on top of the whipped cream on top of the cake.