Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from the Peachtree Bouquet cookbook, this is a favorite of the "homerun king" and former Atlanta Brave, Hank Aaron. I can see why! Enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinless, boned
- 3⁄4 lb large white mushroom, stemmed
- 1 large bunch broccoli, stems peeled, trimmed, and cut in spears
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or stock)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- swiss cheese, grated to garnish
- Lightly butter a baking dish, set aside.
- Melt 2 tbls. butter with oil in a 12" heavy skillet. Add the chicken; cook until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 3-5 minutes on each side(don't overcook!). Remove chicken, set aside.
- Melt 2 tbls. butter in the same skillet. Add mushrooms and cook over medium high heat until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Set asie.
- Arrange the cooked broccoli in a single layer in the bottom of the buttered baking dish.
- Season the chicken with some lemon pepper seasoning(to taste), and arrange in single layer over broccoli.
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt remaining 2 tbls. butter in a 1 quart saucepan. Whisk in flour; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Pour in chicken stock and wine, whisking until completely blended. Continue cooking and stirring until the sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon. Add 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, stirring until melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken; arrange mushrooms on top. Sprinkle additional cheese over dish to garnish.
- Broil about 6" from heat source until the top is bubbly and golden.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Another great recipe from Sharon123! I love the sauce on the chicken- very buttery and cheesy, without being loaded with calories. The broccoli is also a nice addition, as it makes the dish more of a complete meal. [Made and reviewed for PRMR]
Great recipe - love all the flavors, and the sauce is a great touch. I served over mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7
Yum! Rich and cheesy, we easily halved this recipe and enjoyed it very much. Made no modifications to the recipe. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT7