Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup goes back for many generations in my home town. It's a delicious tomato macaroni soup with a good rich broth. I don't know how it got the name but it does seem to soothe a hangover.
- Put soupbone in dutch oven and fill with cold water halfway to the top of pot.
- Cook over medium heat for about an hour.
- Add tomatoes,onion,beef cubes,tomato paste and parsley,continue cooking until beef falls from the bone (around 45 minutes or more.) Remove the meat and cut into small pieces, discarding the fat and bone and put back into soup.
- Add macaroni and cook for around 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to your liking.