Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I waitressed in a one horse town on the West Coast of South Africa called Malmesbury. Nothing ever happened, but Friday night was buzzing and we ended up going out after work and partying till 6 o'clock the next morning. This is what lead to my invention of the hangover sandwich to ease the pain of the morning after "want to lay down and die" feeling!
- 1 egg
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon
- 10 raw onion rings
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices bread
- vegetable oil
- white pepper
- Fry egg and bacon in little oil.
- Spread butter on outsides of bread slices.
- Start layering sandwich starting with cold meat, egg, tomato, onion rings and end off with cheese.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper before topping with cheese.
- Heat little oil in frying pan.
- Fry sandwich in pan until golden on both sides.
- Bacon can be substituted with ham, pastrami or salami.
- Cheddar can be substituted with emmantaller.
- Have with caffeine loaded fizzy drink or strong sweet coffee.
I like I Like great recipe