Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
Two yellow orbs, surrounded by white in a sea of red. Been there, done that. This is an ehanced and scaled down variation of Poached Eggs in Catsup posted by Darlene Summers. A little tartness has been added to counter the sweet catsup and extra liquid was added to accommodate cooking smaller portions in a standard frying pan. Some people might want to add just a dash of hot sauce. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 slices toast
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the catsup, vinegar and water in a frying pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Heat over medium flame until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Carefully add the eggs, and simmer covered for 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spatula and place on the toast.
- Pour the catsup sauce over the eggs and top with the cheese.