Hangi is the traditional New Zealand Maori way of cooking. Mix and match the meat, as per a traditional hangi, a lamb or pork chop and a piece of chicken per parcel. For a smoky taste add smoked pork slices to the packets. A ball of stuffing about the size of a golf ball if you like stuffing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make individual servings use banana leaves or tin foil.
- 2Put cabbage leaves down first, then veges, meat and stuffing (if using) together on top of the cabbage.
- 3Put another couple of cabbages leaves over the top of veges.
- 4Wrap everything up in the tinfoil or banana leaves, preferably encasing everything with the cabbage.
- 5Put into crock pot.
- 6Add water to bottom of crock pot.
- 7Cook on high for approx 6-8 hours or until cooked through.
- 8Note: Only add salt once cooked.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hangi in a Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.8
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: