Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hangi is the traditional New Zealand Maori way of cooking. Mix and match the meat, as per a traditional hangi, a lamb or pork chop and a piece of chicken per parcel. For a smoky taste add smoked pork slices to the packets. A ball of stuffing about the size of a golf ball if you like stuffing.
- To make individual servings use banana leaves or tin foil.
- Put cabbage leaves down first, then veges, meat and stuffing (if using) together on top of the cabbage.
- Put another couple of cabbages leaves over the top of veges.
- Wrap everything up in the tinfoil or banana leaves, preferably encasing everything with the cabbage.
- Put into crock pot.
- Add water to bottom of crock pot.
- Cook on high for approx 6-8 hours or until cooked through.
- Note: Only add salt once cooked.