Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great for tailgating at ball games and those cold winter night's. Are you ready for some football & chili?
- 2 (15 ounce) cansof hunt chili starter
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 jar hot salsa
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1⁄2 lb beef (Chopped into Slivers)
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken or 6 diced sausages, of your choice
- 2 tomatoes (Extract pulp and dice)
- 2 celery ribs (Finely Diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (Ground and then Finely Diced)
- 1 bell pepper (Finely Diced)
- 1⁄2 onion (Finely Diced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (Finely Diced)
- 1 teaspoon of jalepeno juice
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 bag mozzarella cheese
- olive oil, to fry meat
- Marinate beef and other meat of your choice overnight in red wine.
- Fry beef and other meat of your choice in olive oil over a small flame and add taco seasoning. Stir until brown and drain.
- While beef is frying place other ingredients and spices into crockpot. Stir like mad.
- When beef and meat of your choice is finished, add it to the crockpot. Cook on low flame or temperature, stirring often for 30 minutes. Remember to have a beer or two while stirring.
- After 30 minutes, add a bag a cheese and stir like you care for another 20 - 30 minutes.
- Add another glass or 2 of wine (or finish the bottle) and let it simmer for an hour or so, stir during commercials.
- Enjoy the Game!!!
fantastic recipe - red wine marinade really kicked it up. i adapted the recipe a bit - left out the chili starter and simply added more beans and tomatoes. i also left out the taco seasoning as it was just an extra expense and just seasoned up the meat as i cooked it with cayenne pepper, chili powder, red pepper, salt/black pepper, cumin and a dash of curry powder. for meat, i used the 1/2 lb ground beef, 4 chicken andouille sausages, and 2 mexican chorizo. the combo was a big hit on game day!