Top Review by Sandalina spaghettisauce
I made this recipe just as it is and it turned out great. It doesn't make too much , so I won't be wasting any valuable food. I know I can add other ingredients to this to make different flavored mayo. Thanks
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil or 3⁄4 cup salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 5 ingredients in a clean bowl and whisk until blended.
- Beat in the oil drop by drop.
- As the sauce thickens increase the flow of oil, but be slow and patient. The sauce, when finished will be very thick.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt or vinegar if necessary.