Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy to remember, easy to make, easy to eat! I made this recipe to help fill that gap on long trips or as a part of my daily lunch at work. Everywhere you see a 1 cup measure, you can substitute a 'handful', hence the name. You can substitute any of the seeds, nuts or dried cranberries with raisins, chopped dried apricots or anything else you like. Keep the total measure of dry ingredients the same, though. Try putting in small chocolate chips for instance
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- Mix well; Rice Krispies, oats, coconut, dried cranberries, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, flour, and sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl; cream the butter, mix in the brown sugar, then the eggs, and finally the corn syrup.
- Add the wet miture to the dry mixture and mix until all the dry ingredients are well covered.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a 1/2" deep 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture on to the sheet. Pat the mixture flat and even.
- Bake for 32 - 35 minutes. It should be starting to turn golden toward the center when removed from the oven.
- Let cool until just warm. Cut into 1" x 3" bars using a sharp sturdy knfe.