Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My daughter got this recipe from Brownies when she was 8 yrs. old. She is now 36 and we still make it.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat one minute at medium speed.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add alternately with water to creamed mixture.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 8" pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Frost with chocolate frosting.
WOW!!!!!! I love chocolates and thank you so much for putting such a lovely recipe online that too on the day when I won the SPRING contest here! I'll make this cake when I call my friends over for a party to celebrate today's thrill! Thanks once again.
DELICIOUS CAKE, NOMNOMNOM!! Anywho, wonderful recipe, I do recommend greasing the pan entirely though! Also the first time I madethis I halved it, not being entirely sure of the amount it would yield. Even if it is only one layer, AMAKE THE WHOLE THING, otherwise you just have a sheet of moist delicious brownies ;) Fantastic recipe!
This is one of my all time favorite chocolate cake recipes. I have been using the same one for years. The only difference to mine is it has 2 cups of flour in it. Great recipe. :)