1 hr 13 mins
From Taste of the South Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs and pecans.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Add chocolate, coconut, and vanilla, stirring until chocolate melts.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, unroll 1 piecrust. Cut into rounds, using a 4 1/2-inch cutter and rerolling dough as needed. Repeat procedure with remaining piecrusts.
- 6Preheat oven to 400*. Lightly grease two baking sheets; set aside.
- 7Place 1 piecrust round on a clean, flat surface. Lightly brush edges of crust with beaten egg yolk.
- 8Place 1 heaping tablespoon chocolate mixture in center of piecrust round.
- 9Fold dough over filling, crimping edges with a fork to seal.
- 10Repeat with remaining piecrust rounds and chocolate mixture.
- 11Place pies on prepared baking sheets.
- 12Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hand Held German Chocolate Pecan Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3861.3
- Calories from Fat 2151
- Total Fat 239.0 g
- Saturated Fat 85.6 g
- Cholesterol 503.2 mg
- Sodium 2600.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 420.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 197.0 g
- Protein 35.9 g