Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 28 mins
From Taste of the South Magazine
Make and share this Hand Held German Chocolate Pecan Pies recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs and pecans.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, coconut, and vanilla, stirring until chocolate melts.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll 1 piecrust. Cut into rounds, using a 4 1/2-inch cutter and rerolling dough as needed. Repeat procedure with remaining piecrusts.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Lightly grease two baking sheets; set aside.
- Place 1 piecrust round on a clean, flat surface. Lightly brush edges of crust with beaten egg yolk.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon chocolate mixture in center of piecrust round.
- Fold dough over filling, crimping edges with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining piecrust rounds and chocolate mixture.
- Place pies on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.