Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
Caesar Salad on the go! Great for picnics, lunches, BBQ's, anywhere a knife and fork is not required! Make your own dressing or use a commercial bottled variety. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- olive oil
- 10 leaf romaine lettuce
- 10 slice pancetta, fried until crisp (or bacon, fried until crisp)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 236.59 ml caesar salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- To make croutons: Cut off crust from French bread.
- Slice lengthwise into 1 cm thick slices.
- Rub slices on both sides with garlic clove and brush with olive oil.
- Cut slices into long strips and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes or until croutons are dry and crisp.
- Cool and place on a serving dish.
- Wash lettuce, removing any wilted or tough parts of leaves.
- Place whole leaves on a platter.
- Crumble pancetta or bacon into a small serving bowl.
- Place grated cheese in another small serving bowl.
- Pour dressing into a squeeze bottle (if using a homemade version).
- To serve the salad, hold one lettuce leaf in your hand.
- Layer lettuce with a crouton, crumbled pancetta, cheese and dressing.
- Wrap up sides of the lettuce leaf and eat!