Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is a soup that I came up with after I found out that my Christmas ham was too big and I had just to many leftovers. It turned out great, and there were finally no more leftovers. Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
- 1 leftover ham bone, recommended (optional)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can water (use empty broth can)
- 1 small onion, halved quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced ham, honey glazed if possible
- 1 (28 ounce) can new potatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- In your crock pot combined together the ham bone, onion, carrots, curry, honey, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Turn to high and let cook for 6 hours.
- Remove the ham bone and discard.
- Add diced ham, new potatoes, and cream of mushroom, stir to combine.
- Let cook for at least 30 more minutes.
- Serve over rice, egg noodles, or just by itself with a nice country salad and a big knot of bread.
- **You can add 2 cans of cream of mushroom if you like it more like chowder than soup.