Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a 1952 recipe booklet called Knudsen Recipes.
Make and share this Hampshire Fruit Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Generously butter a casserole dish.
- Place fruit in a medium bowl, add sugar to taste. Spread fruit in the buttered casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to egg mixture alternately with the sour cream, then beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter over the fruit, then bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with the sauce.
- Blend sour cream iwth the lemon juice and nutmeg.
A very different yet tasty cobbler! The sour cream nutmeg sauce makes a nice complement to the warm peaches and the toping bakes into a nice thick cake. I did cut the recipe in half which meant reducing the cooking time just a little bit. The rating on this was hard as it was just DH who gave it 5 stars and me who gave it 4. As this is so quick, easy and cuts in half so nicely sure we will be enjoying many times again. Thanks so much for the post.