Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
An all-in-one brunch bread; perfect for a summer brunch with a light fruit salad. The original recipe calls for 1/4 tsp. salt, but I omit it because often the bacon or ham add enough. We serve these with Cheez Whiz.
Top Review by dehallenbeck
This is the most unusual but the best bread I have had in a long time.This will be a staple in my kitchen. I did not use the bacon as I didn't have any so added a bit more ham. Also used chedder cheese and colby cheese as that is what I had on hand. I am sure that whatever cheese you use it would be wonderful. This sure hit the spot and a cold and windy day. Great use of left over ham. This loaf of bread can't be beat.
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy, about one minute. Add milk and mustard.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt (if using) and add to egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in bacon, ham and cheeses.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9x5x3" loaf pan and bake uncovered at 350F for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and run a knife around edge of pan to remove.
- Slice and serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.