Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Simple but tasty. Can be assembled ahead earlier in day. I would like to thank Chef#231057 for writing the first review of this recipe but you have your zmail locked in your settings. Hope you see this. :) My inspiration for this came from Hash Brown Potato Bundles so if you like packet cooking I suggest you try it as it is excellent! Recently made this with pre sliced SWISS cheese instead of cheddar and delicious also. Sometimes I add drained corn to this.
- 6 ounces hash browns, 2 frozen patties
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, DIVIDED
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced and DIVIDED
- 4 ounces ham, minced and DIVIDED
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk ranch dressing, DIVIDED
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut two pieces of aluminum foil.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Put one hash brown patty on each piece of foil.
- Season with pepper.
- Layer on onion, ham, cheese, and ranch dressing.
- Seal foil; place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
This was really good! I was weary of the ranch dressing, but it was tastey!! I made it with shredded hashbrowns but otherwise made as is. Made for PRMR.
These Hammy Hash Brown Packets are easy to make, & even fun for kids. They are great for an addition to any meal, and they taste Great! I like them with a soft fried/poached egg. I have substituted frozen diced hash browns, (and even used tater tots, if I didn't have the frozen patties) instead of the hashbrowns. I enjoyed them with another recipe; green eggs & ham. (by Rachael Ray) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/green-eggs-and-ham-recipe/index.html Deli sliced ham put into the bottom of a muffin pan to make the cup; filled with creamed spinach & a cracked egg on top; baked for 15 min. Yum! I'll add that photo too. Thanks for sharing WiGal!
Ham,cheese,potato and onion.... are all made to marry together in a perfect union,and this is no exception. I forgot the ranch in my hurry to bake these off and devour them-but I don't think they suffered for it. We loved these little fellows-so simple,so tasty,so go and make them!! Thanks WiGal.