Recipe by Bergy
Wonderful way to use up left over ham! This is best if you make it one day and heat it up the next
Top Review by Merlot
I love cabbage in any shape or form and this cetainly hit the spot! I made this the day before and then reheated the next day, as you suggested. The cabbage and noodle combination is wonderful.
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, shredded into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked until just tender,drained and rinsed in cold water
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups ham, diced (1/2")
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven tp 350F degrees.
- In a saucepan warm the milk until it just starts to bubble around the edge of the pan.
- remove from heat (watch your milk that it doesn't scorch on the bottom).
- In a skillet, melt butter, saute the cabbage until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Butter a 3 quart oven proof dish, in even layers add 1/2 of the cooked noodles, then 1/2 of the cabbage then add the ham.
- Top with remaning cabbage and then the noodles.
- In a bowl beat the scalded milk with the eggs and caraway seeds.
- Pour over the cabbage/noodles.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.