Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe at jewishcuisine.net
- Have butter and cheese at room temperature.
- Cream butter and cheese together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, and mix to blend.
- Wrap and chill dough for 3 hours.
- Roll on pastry cloth or board that was sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Cut dough into 3 inch circles.
- Fill and shape, and bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown.
I originally chose this recipe because it's eggless. It turned out to be very tasty. It makes a very delicate cookie. However, I must warn people that this dough is very soft even after being refrigerated half the day. I used a mixture of powdered sugar and flour to roll them out in. Using straight sugar was too sticky. The other issue I had was that any dough that had been previously rolled out would not hold together during baking. The hats came undone no matter how fiercly I pinched them together. I baked them at 375, but for only 16 minutes in my oven. The first batch was over done at 20 minutes. So, watch the time. I will use this recipe again. I love the short ingredient list and egglessness.