Recipe by shmilip
This is an Israeli recipe for triangular shaped cookies filled with poppy seeds or date puree. It is usually eaten on the Jewish holiday, Purim. The dough is fabulous. Easy and the best ever.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 12 1⁄2 ounces poppy seed filling
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.and spray a cookie sheet with pam non stick cooking spray.
- mix all the ingredients for the dough (everything except the poppy seed filling and milk) until you have a soft dough that is easy to work with.
- dilute the poppy seed filling with the milk. Mix well
- roll the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a round glass about 3" in diameter, create circles.
- In the center of each put a tspn of filling.
- fold in 3 sides and pinch dough together to create triangles.
- bake for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown.