Recipe by DrGaellon
A quick and easy breakfast. Serve with plenty of toast fingers for dipping and scooping. Adapted from a recipe by Sydney Oland at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/fzsXs2
- 6 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 4 ounces cheese (Swiss, cheddar, Comte, brie, whatever you like)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear or cut the ham into small pieces. Chop or shred the cheese. Combine cheese and ham and divide evenly among 4 one-cup ramekins. (You could add other flavorings at this point as well, such as mustard, hot sauce, or anything else you like.) Add 1 tbsp sour cream to each cup, then top with one egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place ramekins in a baking dish. Fill dish with hot water until the ramekins are half-way submerged. Bake in preheated 375F oven until eggs are just set, 18-20 minutes.