Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious way to add some heat and spice to the usual hamburger -- and so great when grilled!
- 7 1⁄2 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 jalapeno peppers, minced or 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 4 hamburger buns
- To make pepper ketchup, process peppers, sugar and 1 teaspoons salt in a blender. Pour into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until thickened. Combine ground beef and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt, and shape into 8 thin patties.
- Combine cream cheese and jalapeno pepper (or green chiles) and divide evenly in the center of 4 patties (do not spread to edges).
- Top with remaining patties and press edges to seal. Grill covered with grill lid over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes per side or until done. Serve on buns with pepper ketchup and desired toppings.