Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Posting for ZWT3. This is from George Foreman’s grilling cookbook. “Olives, capers and anchovies find their way into many Sicilian dishes. The interior surprise of these zesty, sunny island flavors would have mad Garibaldi sing. Serve these burgers on a crusty, partially hollowed-out roll with a slice of summer ripe tomato.”
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sicilian green olives, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 lb ground chuck
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine the olives, onion, capers and anchovies.
- Form the meat into 4 fat balls.
- With the tip of a dinner knife, push a wide pocket into the meat and insert an equal share of the filling into each ball.
- Press the pocket closed and flatten the meat gently.
- Drizzle a little oil into the palm of your hands and coat the hamburgers lightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on a grill for about 3 minutes per side.