Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Best Recipes from the backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans and Jars" by Cecil Dyer. Another recipe that sounds good to me. But then you can't go wrong with a burger.
- 4 slices bacon, snipped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 green olives, pitted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- Cook bacon and drain. Reserve 2 Tbs. drippings.
- Mix together in saucepan; tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Halve the olives.
- Form beef into 4 patties and broil.
- Top with sauce and bacon pieces.