Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another adoptee. I made this recipe 03/01/05 and found that it did not need any serious changes, it's really good as is. Hope you enjoy it as well.
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, onion, and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix the meat, salt and pepper together.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Push mushroom-onion mixture to the side of the skillet.
- Cook the patties in the same skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, to the desired doneness, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the mushroom-onion mixture spooned over the patties.
Made your burger again, this time I served it on crispy toasted sourdough bread with a salad along side, enjoyed as much as the first time.15 June 0 Nice subtle flavor from the lemon & worcestershire sauce. I Loved it. I scaled the recipe back to one pattie, used 1 clove garlic,4 large muchrooms, 1/2 medium onion,1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce and 1/4 tsp lemon. It was just right for my taste Thanks — Sep 16, 2001,
a little too moist but excellent and I didnt care if they werent a perfect pocket burger.
My daughter made these for the family from my recipe I printed and they were delicious. I actually kept picking at the patties on their own. Mmmmm...could go for those again soon! Thanks so much for sharing.