Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this recipe because it is easy to make and creates a nutritious and delicious hamburger. This recipe comes from a low fat cookbook titled "Cookbook for the 90's". However, low fat does not mean it will taste any less. In fact everyone has raved at how good these hamburgers taste.
- In a medium bowl combine onions, mustard, relish, catsup, garlic powder, beef and oat bran.
- Throughly mix together.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Broil 7- 10 minutes on each side.
- Slice hamburger buns in half, lightly toast.
- Top with meat patty, lettuce and alfalfa sprouts,if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Makes 4 burgers.
- Note: They can also be cooked on the grill; Add your favorite hamburger toppings.
I really enjoyed this delicious burger. However, I didn't like the idea of the oat bran and I also added a few spices. Other then that they were delicious and I even helped myself to seconds!! Thanx a million!!
Nice burger, quite a different texture with the oat bran. Served it with sharp cheese and lettuce and tomato. thanks for sharing we will make them again.
Very nice burger....quite juicy. I added wheat germ as I didn't have any bran but that was the only change I made. Both my DH and I thought that the burgers could use more spices so I'll do that next time as I will definitely make these again! Thanks for a healthy alternative burger !