Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is quick and easy, and has a great taste. this is my favorite. I mix the chow mein noodles right in with everything, and they go to soft noodles. Wonderful.
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (optional)
- Cook rice in first amount of water.
- In frying pan, combine hamburger, onions and celery.
- Saute meat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and add remaining ingredients, including cooked rice.
- Gently blend.
- Turn into greased casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and serve.
We make something quite similar to this with chicken and pineapple so when I saw the hamburger version I knew my husband would like it (the chicken dish is one of his favourite meals). Everytime I see this recipe I think the ingredients shouldn't go together but they actually work very well. Seasoning was perfect for us. Thanks for sharing!
Different but tasty! Thanks
I make one almost like this except I add a can of chinese veggies and a second can of mushroom soup. This is a quick and wonderful receipe. Be sure to try it.