Recipe by CookingMonster
This is quick and easy, and has a great taste. this is my favorite. I mix the chow mein noodles right in with everything, and they go to soft noodles. Wonderful.
Top Review by Sackville
We make something quite similar to this with chicken and pineapple so when I saw the hamburger version I knew my husband would like it (the chicken dish is one of his favourite meals). Everytime I see this recipe I think the ingredients shouldn't go together but they actually work very well. Seasoning was perfect for us. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in first amount of water.
- In frying pan, combine hamburger, onions and celery.
- Saute meat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and add remaining ingredients, including cooked rice.
- Gently blend.
- Turn into greased casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and serve.