Recipe by Ohmikeghod
I like to use Thousand Island dressing as relish on my burgers, but tonight I thought I'd try it from a different angle... cooked inside the burger. I was not only satisfied, but amazed at how well the experiment turned out.
- 2 beef burgers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ketchup (or catsup, if you are picky)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chunky mild salsa
- 2 slices provolone cheese or 2 slices American cheese or 2 slices monterey jack cheese or 2 slices cheddar cheese or 2 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- sliced onion, to taste (optional)
- sliced pickle, to taste (optional)
- 2 slices tomatoes (optional)
- 2 slices bacon, crisp (optional)
- 2 large hamburger buns with sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the burgers apart into a small bowl.
- Add the ketchup, mayonnaise, relish, and salsa.
- Mix well, and make two new patties.
- Grill over a hot fire, 7 minutes first side, 6 minutes on the other.
- Cover the patties with cheese. Grill 1 minute more to melt the cheese, remove from grill.
- Place on buns, add optional condiments to taste, enjoy!