1/2 Photos of Hamburger With the Lot
Lavender Lynn's Note:
An institution in Australia, a "hamburger with the lot" is an Aussie take on its American counterpart. A "hamburger with the lot" speaks of summer, surf and sunshine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium white onions, divided
- 500 g ground beef, extra lean
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 eggs (for frying)
- 4 hamburger buns
- mayonnaise, to taste
- romaine lettuce, for 4
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- canned beets, sliced
- 5 -6 slices bacon
- tomato sauce, to taste (ketchup)
- 1Finely chop 1 onion and place it in a bowl with the beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, parsley, egg and sea salt.
- 2Mix well to combine.
- 3Shape the mixture into four large patties; place on a plate; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, slice the remaining onion into rings and fry in 1 tablespoon oil over a medium-low heat.
- 5Cook for 15 minutes or until light golden and tender; set aside.
- 6Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
- 7Once the oil is swirling in the pan, add two beef patties.
- 8Fry for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 9Place a piece of cheese on each patty while they're still in the fry-pan. Let the cheese melt a little; remove the patties using a spatula.
- 10Place them on a plate and loosely cover in foil to keep warm.
- 11Repeat cooking process with the remaining patties.
- 12Discard most of the oil from the pan and fry the eggs to desired doneness.
- 13Meanwhile, preheat grill on high.
- 14Place the hamburger buns, cut-side up, under preheated grill and toast for 30 seconds, each side, or until golden. You may have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your grill.
- 15Finally assemble the hamburgers by spreading on mayonnaise on the bottom bun, followed by lettuce, a patty and cheese, tomato slices, beetroot slices, a fried egg, bacon, fried onions and finally, a squirt of tomato sauce.
- 16Cover with the hamburger bun tops.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger With the Lot
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.8
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 353.7 mg
- Sodium 1010.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 44.4 g