Recipe by carrie sheridan
dinner in 20 minutes - fast and healthy! this was what i lived on as a college student - with no money and no time to cook -
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 green peppers, seeded and sliced in slivers
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced thin
- garlic salt
- 2 pita pocket bread, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, seed and slice green peppers.
- Peel and slice onions.
- Set these aside.
- Melt butter in oil in large skillet on medium high flame.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Separate into small pieces with spatula as you turn.
- When meat is cooked through in about 5 minutes, take meat out and turn heat down to medium low.
- Add peppers and onions and stir with spatula.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add ground beef back into skillet and mix well.
- Add freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Spoon into pita halves and serve.
- [you can use real garlic cloves if you like a lot of garlic; or just use regular salt if you Don't Like garlic].