Recipe by Thom & Madi's Chef
I'm trying to follow the weight watchers diet, and I came up with this recipe as I was hungry for lunch one day. I've been craving it ever since! I figured this little burger is worth about 4 points. The only ingredients that cost points are the meat and the cheese, but I really don't use enough cheese to worry about the point factor. Plus there's no need for a bun! All of the portions are approx. exluding the meat.
- 3 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lipton's beefy onion soup mix (dry)
- 1 tablespoon onion (red or purple or white)
- 2 -3 tablespoons ortega medium chunky salsa
- 1 pinch shredded kraft low-fat cheese
- pepper (to taste)