Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this soup with ground beef or venison. It's easy to put together and can be cooked all day in a crock pot, or an hour on the stovetop. We like this as written, so I haven't changed it much over the years. I do adjust the amount of tomatoes and corn depending on what I have on hand. I use frozen corn, because that's what we prefer. I've made this soup for three generations of our family, and it's still a favorite!
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef (or venison)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 28 ounces tomatoes (I use crushed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 pint frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to your taste)
- Cook noodles, drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper.
- Drain fat from meat.
- Combine all ingredients except noodles and simmer for 1 hour on stovetop, or 6 hours in crock pot.
- Add cooked noodles in the last 5 minutes of cooking.