Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom made this when I was a kid. I make it now when I want comfort food. It's definitely something you can make when you are in a hurry. It is so easy to do and it tastes really great. It's easy to make, easy to eat, and fun for kids. Plus, there isn't a lot to clean up afterward. Call it a semi-homemade dinner :) You could change it in many ways like using Turkey burger or any veggie that will cook up fairly quickly in a skillet. Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn (I prefer sweet corn)
- season salt (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 4 -6 flour tortillas (a friend of mine does this recipe and puts it into flour tortilla or lettuce as a wrap and they were)
- Brown the meat as you would for spaghetti. As the meat is browning, I usually add in a good amount of season salt (we are salt lovers) and the garlic.
- Once the meat is well cooked, add in the veggies.
- Cook on a med-low heat for about 10 mins to make sure that all the meat is done and the veggies soak up the juices from the meat.
- If you use a lean meat, you don't have to drain the meat, but my mom would buy 80% lean and she would drain the meat before adding the rest of the stuff. It's completely up to you!
- If you want to make it spicier, add taco seasonings or any other kind of seasons you prefer, this is very versatile!
i used this as a base recipe to make Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I did everything as you said only ommitting the ground beef for chicken and adding a little ginger sauce as seasoning in the end. (i also left out the black beans) and I served them up in lettuce with brown rice on the side. Absolutely delicious!
Thanks for posting this. My kids loved it. I have 4 kids so pleasing all of them with the same dish is not an easy task. They all had seconds and some had thirds. I however didn't use the black beans, I used refried beans instead and I did put the taco seasoning in this along with some accent, season salt, garlic and onion powder. Wow this is definate keeper and will be made again. I used the garlic powder in place of the garlic since I didn't have any.This recipe was so very easy and quick to make. Thank you again for posting. I used the leftovers and put them in cresants and rolled it up and baked them for the alloted time on the cresants.Really good this way too. Thanks again:-)