Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
A breeze to throw together!
Top Review by NELady
This soup was GREAT! Threw it in the crockpot this morning before I went to the parade ("Fur Trade Days" - our town's local annual celebration). SO flavorful and satisfying! I used a full pound of hamburger, subbed tomato paste for the ketchup (trying to eliminate some sugar), and added some celery. My frozen mixed veggies package included carrots, corn, peas, green beans and lima beans. DELICIOUS! I did add a little salt, too. First thing my husband said after taking a bite was "save this recipe!". And I WILL! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game.
- 8 ounces ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (with celery, green pepper and onion)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (Classic mix with carrots, peas, green beans and corn)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste