Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My cousin gave me the idea for this soup. Although it has been modified quite a bit, I think you will enjoy it as much as my family does. It is quick, simple and easy to make. Although you can add your own vegetables, I have found that the vegetables listed are the best. Also, when cooking soups requiring pasta, I have found that cooking pasta seperately always works best. Only add pasta when ready to eat. Do not add with soup (it makes for 'Mushy' left-overs). My family really enjoys this soup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can spinach, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 2 cans water, from tomatos
- 1 medium onion, chopped (white or yellow)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- Combine all canned ingredients including juice to a large pot.
- When adding stewed tomatos, also add 2 cans of water from tomato cans.
- Add onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer.
- Brown hamburger meat, drain.
- Cook macaroni noodles with salt until desired consistancy.
- Drain noodles, cooling with cold water.
- Add meat to vegetables with garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue boiling until onions are somewhat clear.
- Reduce to simmer again until ready to serve.
- Serve over macaroni noodles.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe except I used crushed tomatoes instead of stewed as that is what I had on hand. I also didn't add the mushrooms because to me, they don't belong in a veggie soup LOL. I did add some beef bouillon towards the end as I thought it needed a bit more flavor. We also added pepper as we thought it needed it. I also drained all my veggies but that is just a personal preference. I also needed to add more water but they was probably because I drained the veggies.