Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is simple and delicious. It is also lowfat and low calorie!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ditalini or 1 cup other small shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch over or soup kettle, cook the beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender.