Recipe by Mikey Likes Everything...
Came to me from a friend, some time ago... Simple to make & mofify ingredients to your taste (peppers, Rotel tomatoes, mushrooms etc). My family has found this to be a favorite. I often freeze leftovers with excellent results when rewarmed. :-)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs diced pork or 2 lbs diced sausage or 2 lbs diced chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup torn celery leaves
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup dried split peas
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger& drain fat.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil and onion soup mix.
- Stir into boiling water, tomato sauce, tomato soup, and soy sauce.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add celery, celery leaves, carrots, split peas, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add macaroni and simmer 30 minutes more.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheeze on each serving.