Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My son's favorite dish. Passed down from my Mamaw.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (32 ounce) bagof of frozen frozen tater tots
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef in skillet, drain.
- Mix can of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of milk, can of rotel and velvetta in microwave until smooth.
- In a 9X13 casserole dish layer: tots, meat, soup mixture X2.
- Bake covered for 1 hour in 350 degree oven.
- Remove cover and top shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 15 more minutes.
- Remove and let set 15 minutes before serving.
This was really easy and very tasty. I did make two changes however. One, I did not add any milk to the mixture, and two, I just used 2 cups shredded cheese in the place of the Velveeta. Also, I used mild Rotel and this cut down on the spiciness a lot! This will now be a monthly staple in my house!!
Wow, the sauce is wonderful!! This reminds me of a deluxe version of Taco Bells, Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes just need to top it with a little sour cream. I used just 1 pound of Velveeta and did not top the casserole with the cheddar. I felt 1 pound of cheese was enough. Since this was for some young kids I used plain diced tomatoes adding 2 tablespoons of minced dried onions. But I'll use the Rotel when I making for my family, as we love spicy. I MAY try a smaller pan next time. This way each layer of tots will be more compact. Baked at 400 degrees for 40 minutes and it came out hot, bubbly and so good. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2009* game
My son and DH, Loved this one. I don't think I'll use all the Rotel though next time. A little too spicy for my 3 year old! Otherwise, it was a hit