Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't remember where I came across this recipe but I came across it the other day and thought I would share it with you.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown hamburger and onion in a pan and put in a large casserole dish.
- Add slices of cheese on top of all the hamburger.
- Add 1 1/2 cup milk to can of mushroom soup and pour over the top of cheese and hamburger.
- Cover top with tater tots.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
This is really yummy and satisfying comfort food. I usually cube the Velveeta and mix the ground beef and onion with the soup, milk and cheese cubes, and add frozen or canned green beans. My strapping boys love this, as does my husband. I usually add some fresh ground black pepper with the ground beef mixture and sprinkle the tater tots with seasoned salt.
Hey this is great! My family really enjoyed it - major comfort food and so easy to throw together! I did use shredded cheddar instead of the Velveeta just because we love cheddar cheese, and seasoned the hamburger as it was cooking with about 2 tsp of diced garlic and 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt. Great recipe, thanks a bunch!