Recipe by Sharlene~W
Quick and easy microwave dinner.
Top Review by 3KillerBs
A tasty, kid-friendly meal. In the future I might do the potatoes in the oven ahead of time though. My big family required a double batch and that many potatoes took a long time. BTW -- the mashed potatoes came out perfectly, but I could have stuffed half again as many potato shells with that much meat. (The excess made good sloppy joes). I made this for the Freeze-it tag game and I don't know that this works well as an OAMC, frozen meal. I froze the stuffed potatoes on a backing sheet then packed them into a zippered, plastic bag. Even after only a week the potatoes were showing some affect -- not freezer burned, but drying a little -- so perhaps it would be better to wrap them individually. It took almost as long to reheat the full batch of frozen potatoes as it took to prepare them originally. It might work better in a situation where you were only heating one at a time. Its a fast enough meal if you have the cooked potatoes though. Probably better fresh than frozen. :)
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce each potato once with a fork and wrap in a paper towel.
- Arrange potatoes in spoke fashion on the bottom of the microwave.
- Cook on high, turning over and end-to-end once, until done (15 to 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook beef in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, thyme, marjoram and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise.
- Scoop out flesh, combine with butter and mash (I added a little milk to make moist).
- Taste for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Divide meat mixture among potato skins and top with mashed potatoes.
- Cook in microwave on high until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Good like this, or top with your favorite cheese.