Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a big hit with everyone in my family! My brother beggs me to come over and make it for him often. It is very filling and the leftovers heat up well wrapped in tin foil and heated in the oven.
- Cut loaf of bread in half, lenghtwise and hollow it out, (save the crumbs).
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese slices in a LARGE frying pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in bread crumbs and fill shell with mixture.
- Cut cheese slices in half to make triangles and put on top.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes at 350 degrees to melt cheese.
Everyone was quiet for dinner last night!!This was tasty AND easy to prepare!Used shredded cheese for the slices,mmmm..mmmm!I will be making this again:)Thanks for sahring
We all enjoyed this recipe, but the kids really seemed to go crazy over it. It would be very easy to change it to suit your taste but we enjoyed it as posted.
This was quite tastey. I made some adjustments to the recipe (like removing the green peppers and celery, using 1 can of drained French Onion soup for the onions, and swicthing the cheddar out for colby) and I used Hunts diced tomatoes and sweet onions - my husband very much enjoyed it. Nice flavor - I needed to add more seasoning (Lawry's and extra salt and pepper) to give it a little more zip - but that's a tastebuds thing. :) Overall - I'd recommend this recipe - Easy and good. I used 2 mini french bread loaves (about 12" long each) much easier to manage than one long one - I strongly recommend you do the same.