Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my husband's favorites. It's quick and tastes wonderful.
Make and share this Hamburger Stroganoff With Cream of Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- sprinkling parsley flakes
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Bring water to boil for noodles and begin browning beef and onion; drain.
- Add butter, flour, salt, pepper, blend till smooth and add soup. Add mushrooms and simmer 5-10 minutes Cook noodles during this time, drain. Just before serving stir in sour cream and parsley flakes to meat mixture. Stir in pasta and serve.
- I Serve with Garlic Bread and corn.
This is amazingly delicious and simple. I didn't have a can of mushrooms so I substituted a can of cream of mushroom soup and it worked just fine! I also think I added too much flour so I had to add abuot a can of water!! Yummy and my family loved it, even my nephew wants to take the recipe home to his step-mother!
This was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't add butter or flour (simply because I was in a hurry and wasn't paying enough attention) and it was still creamy and delicious. Very satisfying!
I left out the mushrooms (DH can't eat them) and used no-yolk noodles. This was a perfect, middle-of-the week dinner. Will definitely make again.