Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my husband's favorites. It's quick and tastes wonderful.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- sprinkling parsley flakes
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Bring water to boil for noodles and begin browning beef and onion; drain.
- Add butter, flour, salt, pepper, blend till smooth and add soup. Add mushrooms and simmer 5-10 minutes Cook noodles during this time, drain. Just before serving stir in sour cream and parsley flakes to meat mixture. Stir in pasta and serve.
- I Serve with Garlic Bread and corn.
The whole family loved this one! I used fresh, sauteed mushrooms and substituted rotini pasta for the egg noodles. That's just what my husband preferred. My plan was to take the left overs for lunch the next day but there were none!
This is amazingly delicious and simple. I didn't have a can of mushrooms so I substituted a can of cream of mushroom soup and it worked just fine! I also think I added too much flour so I had to add abuot a can of water!! Yummy and my family loved it, even my nephew wants to take the recipe home to his step-mother!
This was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't add butter or flour (simply because I was in a hurry and wasn't paying enough attention) and it was still creamy and delicious. Very satisfying!