Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the Lancaster County version of stroganoff! Mmm--a great comfort food. ENJOY!
- 453.59 g ground beef, of your choice (we like turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml egg noodles
- mushroom, sliced (optional)
- In large skillet, cook ground meat, onion& butter until meat is cooked& onion is tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic salt, pepper& mushrooms.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in mushroom soup.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in sour cream & heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot, buttered noodles.
I followed the ingredients and directions exactly. It came out a little thicker than I expected, but it was really good!! My husband said he would like it over toast.
This is delicious. I use ground turkey and you can really lighten this up by omitting the butter in the begginning and using lowfat sour cream and lowfat cream of mushroom (Campbells Healty Requests), and No Yolks egg noodles. Fresh mushrooms added are a must! This is a healty and easy weeknight supper!
I tried the strogranoff using ground beef and it was really good.