Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Paula Deen's version
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package onion gravy mix
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked and kept warm
- In a large skillet, melt butter over med-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook for 8 minutes or until mushrooms has released their liquid.
- Add beef, and cook for 10 minutes or until beef is browned and crumbly.
- Sprinkle gravy mix and flour over beef mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.