Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A hit with my family. Rich, hearty, and comforting. From Pillsbury.
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
Very good casserole. DH raved about it. I did use 2 small cans of slice mushrooms instead of the fresh, plus I added a tsp of Italian seasoning to the gravy mixture. I could have eaten this straight from the skillet, instead of baking, but the baking did help the sauce set up and give the noodles a rich, beefy flavor. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 12 ounces small fresh whole mushrooms, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (1 ounce) packages beef gravy mix or 2 (1 ounce) packages pork gravy mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute ground beef, mushrooms, and garlic until beef is no longer pink; stir frequently; drain and remove beef mixture from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add the gravy mix, pepper, and water; stir to mix well.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, making sure to stir constantly.
- Take skillet off of stove; add in the sour cream and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Add the cooked noodles and ground beef mixture to the gravy; stir.
- Transfer mixture to a 3-quart casserole that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; cover.
- Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley; serve.