Top Review by heather(mom)
Thanks for posting this recipe. It is this type of simple easy recipe that inspires many variations depending on what is inside your cupboard. In my cupboard tonight I had can of mushroom soup and I had it with some mushroom rice -- thanks so much.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 md
- 1 clove garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon, Instant
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, Drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups noodles or 2 cups rice, Cooked, Hot
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir the meat, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix in the flour, bouillon, salt, pepper and the can of mushroom stems and pieces.
- Stir in the water and heat to boiling, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and heat until just hot.
- Serve over the noodles or rice, if desired, and garnish with chopped parsley, if you wish.