Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 md
- 1 clove garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon, Instant
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, Drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups noodles or 2 cups rice, Cooked, Hot
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- Cook and stir the meat, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix in the flour, bouillon, salt, pepper and the can of mushroom stems and pieces.
- Stir in the water and heat to boiling, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and heat until just hot.
- Serve over the noodles or rice, if desired, and garnish with chopped parsley, if you wish.
Thanks for posting this recipe. It is this type of simple easy recipe that inspires many variations depending on what is inside your cupboard. In my cupboard tonight I had can of mushroom soup and I had it with some mushroom rice -- thanks so much.
This was good and a super simple recipe. I used ground sirloin and added frozen peas but omitted the mushrooms (my son is not a fan of mushrooms). I also used homemade beef stock in place of the bouillon and water. I served over wide multi-grain noodles. My husband and 6 year old LOVED it! Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
Recipe was a little thicker than I like. Next time I will add 1/2 cup more water and 1/4 cup more sour cream next time. Also to control sodium content, I eliminated the salt called for and increased the pepper to 1/2 t. We enjoyed and will make again.