Recipe by Sue Lau
There are lots of stroganoff recipes on Recipezaar. So why try this one? Because it's good! Adapted from an old Taste of Home recipe.
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 113.39 g cansliced mushrooms, drained
- 283.49 g cancondensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 118.29-236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 226.79 g wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet with butter; drain fat.
- Add flour, salt, garlic, pepper, and mushrooms.
- Stir and cook mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the condensed soup and 1/2-1 cup milk and simmer 5-10 minutes on low, stirring constantly.
- Add sour cream; allow to heat through but do not boil.
- Serve stroganoff over hot cooked noodles (or mixed in), garnished with parsley.