Recipe by Sue Lau
There are lots of stroganoff recipes on Recipezaar. So why try this one? Because it's good! Adapted from an old Taste of Home recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) cancondensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet with butter; drain fat.
- Add flour, salt, garlic, pepper, and mushrooms.
- Stir and cook mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the condensed soup and 1/2-1 cup milk and simmer 5-10 minutes on low, stirring constantly.
- Add sour cream; allow to heat through but do not boil.
- Serve stroganoff over hot cooked noodles (or mixed in), garnished with parsley.