Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
There are lots of stroganoff recipes on Recipezaar. So why try this one? Because it's good! Adapted from an old Taste of Home recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) cancondensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet with butter; drain fat.
- Add flour, salt, garlic, pepper, and mushrooms.
- Stir and cook mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the condensed soup and 1/2-1 cup milk and simmer 5-10 minutes on low, stirring constantly.
- Add sour cream; allow to heat through but do not boil.
- Serve stroganoff over hot cooked noodles (or mixed in), garnished with parsley.
Total comfort and very satisfying. I used fresh mushrooms and added a little more garlic. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag Game. :)
I left out the mushrooms and parsley and used cream of mushroom soup instead of the chream of chicken soup and minced onion instead of fresh onion. I wouldn't recommend using minced onion in this. Next time, I will probably just use onion powder since we don't keep onions in the house. Aside from the weird crunch of the minced onion (my mistake), this was really good. It kind of reminds me of Hamburger Helper beef stroganoff, only better. And it was pretty easy. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!
Made this for lunch over the weekend! Very tasty and easy to put together. A couple extra ingredients than I normally have used in past..but I like the flavors!